czwartek, 25 kwietnia 2013

funny translations

The other day I as I was translating a recipe, I had a good laugh about a translation result I got from SDL Be Global automated translation service. The following sentence:

Halve the pears, remove the cores and slice thinly (peel on).

was rendered as:

Zmniejszenie o połowę gruszek, wymontować rdzenie i pokrój cienko (skórki).

This one was a really funny example of overall useful machine translation.


I found out that cutting board (deska do krojenia) becomes pokład cięcia or płyta do cięcia according to machine translation.


The phrase the risen dough was translated into zmartwychwstałe ciasto (rather than wyrośnięte ciasto)


SDL Be Global rendered
Prick the meat all over
as
Chuj z mięsa całego

No comment.

Other examples:
Instant Noodle - Natychmiastowy głuptas :-)



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz