środa, 24 kwietnia 2013

examples of successful machine translation

Yesterday I checked a phrase I had trouble translating. It was "uncomfortable feelings". After finding out how bing and google translate rendered this phrase, nobody will tell me that those machine translation services suck at translating! Check it out:

google translate - "nieprzyjemne uczucia"

bing - "uczucia dyskomfortu"

Could you think of any better translation for "uncomfortable feelings"? I don't think so!


The other day as I was translating in my Studio I came across the following source segment:
Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.

SDL Be Global Community offered the following:
Obniżyć temperaturę i gotować na wolnym ogniu (pod przykryciem) przez 15 minut.
while MyMemory plugin suggested:
Zmniejszyć ogień i dusić pod przykryciem przez 15 minut.

Both the machine translation services made no syntax mistakes. In fact, the style of the translated sentences is very elegant! I did not have to make any corrections (apart from adding pod przykryciem to one of the suggestions). My only problem was which suggestion to choose as they were both equally good!



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz